Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Nice conversation on Facebook...

Just recently I chat with one of my friens. It is rather long and complicated as we discuss about... umm... a lot of things.

My friend's status: I'm not sure of what I'll turn into in time to come, but as for now, I don't really favor the idea of being polite and humble only to people who would be economically beneficial to one's needs.

Me: Hence, we should learn to be humble and polite to those who are of lower than us; those that were defeated by us or under the iconic us. And to be no grudge toward our enemies. Too bad, the world run the opposite. They bully. They look down on others. They fake out at the presence of benefits. IS ALL THIS WE ARE GONNA BE?! I will not. Will u?

Him: You've got a point there dude, for the majority of the society out there is all out to hit the big guys for their cash and because those big shots out there have too much to spend on, they're willing to be bugged by fake faces and still smi...le about it. After all they have nothing to lose. But there's one thing many of us tend to forget, which is our humanity and a whipped sense of morality and humbleness. There shouldn't be a difference in treatment to any level of society.
 
Me: Agreeable. I always consider our society to be sick and imperfect. And I like to initiate a change; a betterment if I have the chance. Happy to know there are still people like u, pal.
 
Him: There are loads of me living on this planet of injustice dude, its just that they do not dare to walk out with this sane ideology of being just for when they do so, criticism will be all around and in the end, this group of just people will just fall into the "evil" category. That's why I mentioned in this post "I'm not sure of what I'll turn into in time to come". But for now, I remain planted.
 
Me: Well, that is ur opinion... for me; I identified this ideology as the correct one AND HENCE I WILL STICK TO IT AND DENY THE WRONG ONE. If I ever stray, then i am a total moron, as I admit those who deny positivity and indulged themsleve into evil and wrongdoings are no more than idiots. Those who then quit after UNDERSTANDING THAT will be even worse; morons.
 
Him: You're absolutely correct. Those who stray from what they already KNOW is right will be the most unrighteous people. "They who know not wrong isn't wrong." I forgot who said this but I'm sure I've seen it somewhere in the Bible. And this le...ads to topics related to Epistemology. I'm reading on it, and it really defines what's wrong and what's right based on our knowing according to what the society accepts and rejects. Its all so philosophical.
 
Me: Well, 'it really defines what's wrong and what's right based on our knowing according to what the society accepts and rejects.' For me this is not true... Like the westerners accept gay and lesbians while the asian do not. Hence, which is c...orrect? Ultimately, there is only one that is correct but the societies of today commit wrongdoings untill it became the norm of the society. Devastating. Ask, who never lied? Is lying correct? no right but why everyone commit it and in drama it is just so common? Hence, to be correct is TO AGAINST THIS NORM OF SOCIETY AND ADOPT THE RIGHT ONE INTO IT. This is not a sole work but every members in that society...
 
Him: There's a level of mutual understanding in every different ethnic and society. In this case, we call it the norms of society, and thus we prefer not to call it wrongdoings or sins in reference to another culture. Just like what you've just ...mentioned, that gay and lesbianism is accepted in the western countries; well this is not completely true. The fact is there's still a majority of people out there who despise gay practitioners and lesbianism. Take for instance "stealing". Now, this is where every counterpart takes in mutual understanding that stealing is an unacceptable behavior. Now, what if the thief is Robin Hood? Who steals from the rich and to help the poor. This isn't considered as a vindictive act for the end result is someone gets helped. But there's one thing here which we must get certain of, which is, in every ethnicity and society, there are different sets of norms; and this norms when in reference to others, are deemed wrong.
 
Me: I strongly disagree with the acts of harming others just for the sake of someone; eventhough that person may be our foes. Robin rob the riches and help the poors. By that, damages were done toward the riches. Although the riches are greedy ...and merciless toward us the weaklings, DO WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO ANNIHILATE OR MAKE THEM IN AGONY? Grudge will just resolve in more grudges. And i too disagree in white lies; everyone deserve the truths may it be devastating or not. WE HUMANS MUST FACE THIS REALITY AND NOT TO RUN AWAY AND DENY THEM. Norms; what a strange element. We are bounded by the norm of our local community and deny the norms of others.... ultimately; ARE WE THE CORRECT ONE? I will not just ignore thinking everything is fine and seek out the most correct; 'the ideal order'. Yes, it can be said that it is impossible but consider this; we all have brains and hence able to interpret. I am no gonna function like a mindless zombie in this world but will think and think and think. Finally, after discussion, opinions, deep thinkings, guidances and LOGIC SENSE, we can actually point out those that are wrongs easily. BUT MOST OF US DECIDED TO BE IGNORANT. Devastating.
 
Him: I quote you: "Yes, it can be said that it is impossible but consider this; we all have brains and hence able to interpret"
I can say the limitations of our brains to interpret and think are solely based on what we have seen, what we have ob...served, and most importantly, our thought are restrained by out language. Language is what envelopes our thought, and the grasp of language is what measures how far we can think. Sure, you may argue that the Paleolithic people mayn't have the slightest touch on modern language and so they can't think but hey, don't forget, any form of communication is a form of language. As long as one can voice out the thoughts of his mind and the other can understand it, that's communication with language. Our brains interpret things based on the barriers that our brains have set and thus if our limitations of the language we use is narrow, we can't possibly estimate the end result of things accurately; and by saying "accurately", I mean "closest to reality". Physics tells us that everything is a measurement in relevance to another and there is no accurate result, right? Hence I guess this applies onto the philosophy of either right, or wrong. Everything is just a measurement to every other thing, and there is absolutely no absolute answer to absolution.
 
Me: I infact agree to 'Everything is just a measurement to every other thing, and there is absolutely no absolute answer to absolution.' We cannot interpret super accurately and hence our results will fall into the grey category.. And correct m...e if I am wrong; you suggest that there are no black and white except grey, in which that the white=correct, black=wrong and lastly grey=closest to correct? I will give an example; consider correct=a cup of distilled water, wrong=a cup of polluted black water. the grey one will be semi-polluted water. Like this, when 'closest to the correct' it may be a cup of distilled water with just a speck of dust in it. And if we drink the water, the damage done by it will be far lower than drinking pure black water. Still, we call 'the water with a dust in it' as polluted water despite that it is not severely polluted. Wrong is still wrong despite the severity of the wrongness may varies. Indeed, we cannot achieve the 'distilled water' but we can make it clean as much as possible so that the damage done by it will be super low. This is called improvement; an critical elemet in human civilisation. Too bad, most of the members of this world DECLINE TO DO SO AND KEEP DRINKING THE POLLUTED WATER WITHOUT EVEN WANTING TO MAKE THE WATER AS PURE AS POSSIBLE. hence, our improvement ceased.
 
Him: There are times when we see the numbers which are as minute as any can be and sometimes very disgraceful to the human eye for it makes us squint to a point of severity... What I'm saying is the number 0.00000000000000000000000000000001 cann...ot be taken as a number, and scientifically, it is considered as naught. You can't say that it is totally "not there" for there is still that infinity naught point one, but one cannot safely say that it even resembles any number for it is way far from even being a whole number, which is the number 1. Thus how can we say that this even accomplishes itself as a whole? Mankind's improvement does not cease, for improvements come in so many ways that one cannot possibly fathom. It doesn't have to come in the decision of what is right and what is wrong. There are times when we have to accept what is before us and just stay in that cage of super-reality which we have just accepted. If, and only if, we come out of that super-reality, the world is gonna change, and I doubt its for the better of our lives. North and South poles may interchange places if calculations are taken to the distance, and every theory will be challenged. 0.0000000000000000000001, is ZERO.
 
‎Me: 'Mankind's improvement does not cease, for improvements come in so many ways that one cannot possibly fathom.' The element 'improvement' here refer to the development of mankind's spiritual, morality and humanity. I do not include the impr...ovement of material such as towns and so on but solely the elements I stated b4. See this world. The news of war, murder, rape, quarrel, corruption and so on came out in newspaper everyday and YOU CALL THAT AN IMPROVEMENT!? For me, without the proper development of humanity, morality and spiritual, no matter how developed the other aspect may be; it is still considered as declining. We mankind found nuclear!! but we developed it into nuclear warheads to kill more people. We found internet!! but pornography and negative influence spread wide on the internet. 0.000001; hey! there is a '1' there. Let us reduce it! and it is reduced to 0.00000000000000000000000001. Hey, THERE IS STILL '1' THERE! Let us reduce some more! and it is reduced to infinity naught point one. In the very end, there is still one there. But do you notice that the value of the '1' is decreasing despite it may be too small to be significant? THIS IS IMPROVEMENT!! When we decided to reduce it (in another word, to improve ourself), it is never ending. THERE IS NO END TO OUR IMPROVEMENT. But you wanna take this excuse and stop improving yourself? Frivolous. We may be in good condition now, but we can improve. Even when we reached the 'best', THERE IS STILL ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT BEC IT IS INFINITY.
 
Him: Its still based on the perception of what's right and what's wrong. Its just that now it has intervened with the point of decision making. When you have the internet, you needn't surf porn. When you have a glass of beer, you don't have to g...et wasted.. Its the same concept. Haha, I'm starting to be ridiculed to where the discussion brings us. I thought it started from being humble to not only people who are beneficial to us economically? From thus a pin-point issue, we got in engulfed in a centenary debate. I just think we've gotta drop it dude. Haha!
 
Me: Agreeable, this is just endless.
 
Me: Oh ya, u dun mind I copy all this and post onto one of my blog?
 
Him: Sure I don't mind man :) This is just way awesome! Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment